By Thomas Uphill, John Arundel
Jump-start your Puppet deployment utilizing enticing and useful recipes
About This Book
- Quickly grab recipes that paintings with centralized and decentralized deployments
- Explore language transformations and improvements expected in Puppet model 4
- Gain professional realizing of Puppet's most modern and so much complex features
- Step-by-step specified recipes that assist you take keep an eye on of your servers and desktops
Who This publication Is For
This booklet is for an individual who builds and administers servers, particularly in an internet operations context. It calls for a few adventure of Linux structures management, together with familiarity with the command line, dossier process, and textual content enhancing. No programming adventure is required.
What you are going to Learn
- Install and arrange Puppet for the 1st time
- Discover the newest, so much complex, and experimental positive aspects of Puppet
- Bootstrap your Puppet installation
- Master suggestions to accommodate centralized and decentralized Puppet deployments
- Use exported assets and forge modules
- Create effective manifests to streamline your deployments
- Automate Puppet grasp deployment utilizing Git hooks, r10k, and PuppetDB
- Make Puppet trustworthy, performant, and scalable
Puppet is a configuration administration approach that automates your whole IT configurations, providing you with regulate of what you do to every node, in the event you do it, and the way you do it.
Puppet Cookbook 3rd version takes the reader from a easy wisdom of Puppet to a whole and specialist knowing of Puppet's most modern and such a lot complex positive factors. up-to-date with the newest developments and top practices, it can provide a transparent view on easy methods to "connect the dots" and expands your wisdom to effectively use and expand Puppet.
This e-book delves into a variety of facets of writing reliable Puppet code, along with utilizing Puppet neighborhood kind, checking your manifests with puppet-lint, and studying group most sensible practices, with an emphasis on real-world implementation.